Applications for the 2019 Street Faire will be available January 1, 2019!
Til then see how the process went in 2018...
Click on "Applications" page or here to apply!
Artist & Food Vendor Information for 2018
Artist registration will be open on Thursday, May 31 from 6-8 pm and Friday, June 1 from 6:30 am - 9 am. Registration is in the Washington Square Mall (please use the west Mall entrance). Directions, click here.
NOTE: Food vendor registration will be 3-6 pm Thursday, May 31 so they can get electrical hook-up and inspection completed.
STILL A BIT NEW: With the beautiful fairly new downtown streetscape, we need to have ONE WAY traffic during load-in and load-out. We love our new streets so please help us keep them nice! More details and instructions when you register. Thanks!
ALSO WE'LL BE OFFERING T-SHIRTS! You asked for them, we got them! Order your own 2018 Street Faire at the Lakes t-shirt in fun color that's still to be determined, but might look something like below! $15 each. Order by May 12. Shirts will be at registration desk for you. Order here: https://tinyurl.com/zb3egx9
Artist Registration -- Thursday, May 31 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. AND/OR Friday, June 1 6:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Park outside Faire event grounds while registering. Washington Avenue closes and with the ONE WAY traffic for load-in, it's imperative that vendors are not in the way.
- Go to Registration located inside the Washington Square Mall. Look for signs directing you to Registraion.
- Bring: Photo ID, License Plate #s, Vehicle Registration Form (if not already sent in)
- Then follow directions for ONE WAY load-in.
- How to make it easier on yourself --
- Be sure you've already sent us your insurance and sales tax info and even your vehicle registration form. For more information or questions, contact Rachel Hofstand at email@example.com or 218-844-4221 x117.
- Be kind. We're all volunteers and doing the best we can!
- We will not open registration until 6:00 p.m. So, please don't stare in the windows at us. We're not trying to make your life difficult -- just the opposite!
Lodging Information: There are many great places to stay in DL. You can check them out at: https://www.visitdetroitlakes.com/lodging/#overview. Some area hotels offer discounted lodging for Street Faire vendors, so make sure you ask when you call them!
Parking Information: Parking is always a challenge. Please leave Mall, Hospital and Downtown Crossing lots and close street parking open for shoppers. Big rig parking needs to be in the green blocks on attached map. Download attached map for parking options during the Faire. Click to download Vendor Parking Map.
People's Choice: Shoppers will be able to vote for a People's Choice Artist. Ballots will be available at the Info Booth on Friday and Saturday morning with the winner announced Saturday afternoon. Winner will receive a ribbon and $100 off 2017 Street Faire booth fee.
Future Street Faires: If you are interested in being added to our artist or food vendor mailing list for future applications, please contact us via email at the above address with "Street Faire" in subject line or complete the contact page here.
Booth Layout: The 2018 booth layout is below or printable by clicking here. Changes may occur.
Parking Map: This map is from 2016, but it will give you an idea. You can download here or view below.