Applications for the 2019 Street Faire will be available by January 1, 2019!
Til then read below for how the process went in 2018.
Online applications were a hit last year, so we're doing it again! If that's not your thing, you can still click on the pdfs (at bottom of this page) and print out an application and snail mail it in, but we really hope you'll try the online app first.
NOTE: The early bird artist application deadline for the 2018 show is March 1, 2018. (3/15/18 for food vendors). If you were an artist in the 2017 Street Faire and have been site-juried into the 2018 show, use the INVITED artist application.
- Important Dates:
- March 1, 2018 -- Invited and Juried Artist Early bird pricing rate ends (must be postmarked by 3/1)
- March 15, 2018 -- Deadline for food vendor applications
- March 30, 2018 -- Juried Artist notification of acceptance
- April 30, 2018 -- Last day for full refund (cancellation request must be received in writing)
- May 1, 2018 -- All certificates of insurance must be received. All checks are cashed.
- May 31, 2018 -- Food Vendor registration & set-up from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Artist registration & set up from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- June 1, 2018 -- Final registration & set up from 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. All artists/vendors must be ready by 9:30 a.m. Show opens at 10:00 a.m.
- Power is NOT available for artists -- only for food vendors. Artists, if this is a major issue for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll see if we can possibly work some magic, but no guarantees! There is a fee for electricity for food vendors (and also artists if we can magically supply it.)
- PET PEEVE: Artists who leave early! Just don't. It makes you look terrible, makes us look bad and is just rude. Sometimes shoppers have to "think" about a purchase for a day and then they are so upset when they come back the next day and that perfect piece of art and you are gone. Don't leave early. If you leave early, you will not be invited back and will have to take your chances in the re-jury process -- which also means you will lose priority in booth location.
2018 Online Application for INVITED Artists
This application is ONLY for artists who were accepted into the 2017 show and passed the on-site jurying process. Save with the Early Bird rate by submitting your application by March 1, 2018.
2018 Online Application for NEW or RE-Jury Artists
New artists, please use this application.
Jury or Re-Jury Process: New artist applicants must submit 4 digital images for jury process -- 3 images of work and 1 image of booth display. These must be emailed after completing application. Artist images will be viewed anonymously and scored by a panel of jurors based on originality and craftsmanship. No scores or explanation of results will be given.
2018 Online Application for FOOD VENDORS
Food vendors, please use this application. Save with the Early Bird rate by submitting your application by March 15, 2018.
Creativity in menu selection and preparation is encouraged. The information provided in your application will be used in the selection process as well as our promotion of Street Faire foods. Our goal is to offer a unique variety of food items that will make visitors’ mouths water.
Along with the registration fee, all food vendors must submit a separate $100 damage deposit check. This will be collected at registration or you can mail it to us at the above address. If there is no damage, this check will be torn up or returned to you.
Food vendors must also email (or mail) a drawing/image of your booth/trailer to email@example.com.
Printable Applications & Tax Forms
If you prefer paper applications, please click on the following links for the appropriate application. Print application, complete and mail to: Street Faire at the Lakes, c/o Historic Holmes Theatre, 806 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes, MN 56501. Checks must be payable to Historic Holmes Theatre.